Pillows Print Style

Pillow Panache: Black & White

November 2, 2015

Pillow Panache - Pt. 1 - Snaps: A Blog from SnapBox

Welcome to the latest mini-series on Snaps: Pillow Panache! All this week we’re going to be showing you guys some of our favorite pillow styles to help you out of the bottomless pit that is, “what should I print on my pillow?”

I think one of the products in our line that people love the most are our pillows, but I also think that they’re the hardest to think outside of the box when it comes to printing on them. I see a lot of the orders that come through SnapBox, and I will say that 99% of the pillows printed are pictures of kids (the other 1% is pets), and while there’s nothing wrong with printing those things, I think you guys might need some inspiration for other types of photos to print that will still look great on a pillow. So that’s what this series is all about: giving you inspiration for printing things other than the usual photo.

Before we dive into today’s topic, I’d just like to point out that I had no idea what panache meant before writing this post. Stephanie is an expert tagline & phrase maker, so I asked her for help with this series and she came up with Pillow Panache (which is perfect!), but I definitely had to look up what it meant. If you don’t know either, it basically means style. So in essence this series is Pillow Style, so just keep that in mind. =)

Pillow Panache - Pt. 1 - Snaps: A Blog from SnapBox

Now that the awkward elephant has left the room, let’s jump into today’s style: black and white.

Pillow Panache - Pt. 1 - Snaps: A Blog from SnapBox

The four photos printed for this styling are more aligned with what I’ve seen you guys print on a regular basis, which is why we’re starting here. BUT, we switched it up a little by printing them in black and white. What this does is allow you to print your favorite photos without having the colors clash too much with the decor that’s already in your home.

Pillow Panache - Pt. 1 - Snaps: A Blog from SnapBox

Say your living room is coastal themed (think lots of blues and whites) but the pictures you really want to print have a lot of greens and pinks in them. By changing them to black and white you’ll be able to bring in the whites of your current color palette without bringing in other unwanted colors. Also, black and white photos just look classy and sophisticated if your decor already reflects that.

Pillow Panache - Pt. 1 - Snaps: A Blog from SnapBox

I would always recommend changing your photos to black and white in an editor program, like Photoshop, but if you don’t have a program like that, SnapBox has you covered. In the editor for each product, there is a black and white filter that you can apply before ordering your photo. See the photo below.

Pillow Panache - Pt. 1 - Snaps: A Blog from SnapBox

So what do you guys think of the black and white pillows? Is it something you would print? If not, stick around because we’re giving you four more days of inspiration this week, AND our Halloween sale ends today, so you still have time to get a great deal on a few pillows if this spikes your inspiration! Get started right here.

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  • Reply Kerry Boozenny November 3, 2015 at 7:44 am

    I like the black and white printed pillows! Especially the architectural look on the left- perfect panache ;)

    • Reply Brittany November 5, 2015 at 9:44 am

      Thanks so much Kerry! We’re so glad you like this one!

    Leave a Reply